You can make a big difference in your community now and throughout the year. You may not realize it, but there are a lot of people who are homeless, less fortunate, and lonely – and what you do can have a profound effect on their lives.
Below are 10 ways you can make a difference.
- Donate to a charity of your choosing
- Collect non-perishable food items for a local food bank
- Put food on the table for a family in need
- Spend time with a lonely person by volunteering with Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer at a nursing home and spread joy
- Donate old coats and clothing to a clothing recycler
- Visit the VA to see how you can make a difference in the lives of local veterans
- Volunteer to build homes or work in a soup kitchen
- Adopt a pet instead of going into a pet store
- Donate blood at the hospital or a local blood bank
All of these are ways you can make a difference – and as you can tell, many of them don’t require you to spend any money. You should always look inside your community before donating elsewhere. This ensures you are taking care of your own.
There may be some alarming statistics you weren’t aware of – like more than half of the residents of nursing homes never get visitors from loved ones. A little of your time can go a long way to bringing a smile to someone’s face.
HighPointe Insurance Services LLC agents are standing by, waiting to help you find the right insurance. We’re in the community, which is a great way to support Overland Park local businesses, too. Call today and we can answer any questions you may have and get quotes to help you find an affordable policy.