As the air transitions from summer days to fall nights here in HighPointe Insurance Services LLC, it’s easy to think about corn mazes, caramel apples, and hay rides. But did you know that autumn is the opportunity to prevent damage in your home? Prepare for winter now to make the most of your home insurance coverage. We’ll show you five ways you can take care of your home in Overland Park, KS during the fall.
1. How’s the roof looking? Check the roof for any worn-out shingles and flashing. Replace them now before the snow settles on your roof since home insurance doesn’t cover normal wear and tear. If you’re afraid of heights, call a professional.
2. Unclog your home. Cleaning out your home’s gutters and furnace filters is like unclogging your arteries and prevents future problems. Have a professional examine your furnace since you’ll want it ship-shape for the winter.
3. Get your ‘winter coat’ on. Seal up any cracks and gaps in the house with caulk and weather stripping. It not only lowers your electric bill, it helps protect your home from moisture damage.
4. Pay attention to the hot stuff. If you have a wood-burning or gas fireplace, have a professional come inspect it and clean it out. Fire damage is covered by home insurance, but you’ll want to stay diligent with the residue.
5. Go for a stroll. Inspect your steps, driveway and sidewalks to ensure the prevention of guest injuries. Home insurance does cover personal liability, but who needs the headache this year?
Want to learn about other things home insurance covers? We’re happy to answer your questions at HighPointe Insurance Services LLC in Overland Park, KS. We look forward to hearing from you!