The flatlands and open roads of Kansas state make it an ideal location for motorcycle enthusiasts. However, before you set off on the road, you should know all about the legal requirements that govern your ride.
- All motorcycle drivers are required to maintain an active insurance policy on their bikes. HighPointe Insurance Services LLC can help you customize a policy for your Overland Park, KS equipment.
- All riders under the age of 18 are required to wear a helmet. Adults over 18 do not have to wear a helmet. However, this equipment is an essential part of your motorcycle safety.
- Eye protection must be worn while you’re on your bike. This can be eyeglasses, safety glass, or the visor of your helmet. If your bike has a windscreen that is at least 10 inches above the handlebars, you don’t need to wear anything else.
- Splitting lanes and driving in-between moving vehicles is prohibited. However, it is legal for two motorcycles to drive side-by-side in a single lane.
Besides these safety requirements, all motorcycle drivers in Kansas must obtain a state motorcycle endorsement on their license before operating their vehicles. This can be done at your local DMV office. Getting the license involves 3 parts:
- A written knowledge test about the laws and safety requirements of motorcycles
- A training period for those under the age of 18.
- A road test with a DMV official to test your skills.
If you need help finding the right insurance coverage for your Overland Park, KS motorcycle, contact the experts at HighPointe Insurance Services LLC. They can help you get the most out of your new mode of transportation.