At HighPointe Insurance Services LLC, in Overland Park, KS, we know insurance can be overwhelming. While condo insurance may not be required by your building’s HOA, there can be a number of benefits to purchasing this important coverage.
Why Should You Purchase Condo Insurance?
Condo insurance can help replace your lost valuables after a storm or disaster. It can help pay to rebuild your and may even pay for alternate accommodations if you are forced to leave due to a disaster or other event.
While the HOA’s insurance protects the common areas, it generally does not protect your individual unit.
Reasons to Have Your Own Condo Insurance
- Fire or theft: If you are the victim of a fire or a burglary, your condo insurance policy will pay to repair or replace any damaged or stolen items.
- Storms: If a tornado, hurricane, or other storm leaves you temporarily stranded, your policy will cover things like hotels and meals until you can get back into your unit.
- Accidental injuries: If someone is accidentally injured in your condo, your insurance will help cover their medical bills and/or your legal fees.
Still not sure you need condo insurance? As yourself these simple questions:
- Would you be able to replace all your possessions on your own if they were lost today in a fire or theft?
- If your condo were damaged by a tornado, would you be able to pay for all the repairs your Condo Association doesn’t cover?
- If your condo were suddenly uninhabitable, would you be able to afford a hotel?
If the answer to one or all of these questions is no, you should look into a condo insurance policy. Contact the independent agents at HighPointe Insurance Services LLC today!